- Join our general Facebook discussion group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamilies
- Join our Pregnancy/Newborn Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesPregnancyNewborn
- Join our Buy/Sell/Swap/Trade/Barter Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesSale
- Join our Homeschool Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesHomeschool
- Join our Book Club Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesBookClub
- Join our Wine and Dine Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesWineDine
- Join our Fitness Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesFitness
- Join our DIY and Crafts Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesDIYCrafts
- Join our School Clothes Swap Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesSchoolClothingSwap/
- Join our Food Talk Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesFoodTalk/
- Join our Single Parents group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesSingleParents/
- Join our Working Moms group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesWorkingMoms
- Join our Pets group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesPets
- Join our Dads group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesDads
- Join our Step Parents group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesStepParents
- Join our Babysitting group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesBabysitting
- Join our Gardening group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesGardening/
- Join our Children with Special Needs group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesSpecialNeeds/
- Join our LGBT Families group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesLGBT/
- Join our Frontier Co-Op Wholesale Buying Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesFrontierCoOp/
- Join our Parenting Teenagers group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesTeens/
GSOFamilies also operates the group GSO Eats, to discuss Greensboro-area restaurants. https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOEats/
To help keep things running smoothly here at GSOFamilies, I've created a helpful list of rules and guidelines for us. If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/automatik2) or email me at GSOFamilies@gmail.com. I will make every effort to reply within 24 hours! I have the option to remove people from the group for any reason, so please read the following rules and guidelines!
- This page is for discussion and conversation among local families. Please feel free to ask questions, seek advice, and share your thoughts! Utilize the Events page or Meetup Group to plan and coordinate playdates, family nights, or whatever outings you wish to invite other GSOFamilies members to attend.
- Please share first-hand knowledge and opinions. This is especially important when you have a negative review of a local business. It's fine to share your opinion; please just share only your opinion, not your friend's/sister's/mother's/cousin's/neighbor's/whatever. We don't want to spread rumors or negative reviews without actually having the experience ourselves!
- Support local businesses. I am a big fan of supporting local businesses. However, I am not a big fan of spamming people to promote a local business or your own company. If someone asks a question ("Can anyone recommend a business that does XYZ?") and you own a business that fits that criteria, please reply! However, please refrain from starting posts to promote your business. My general rule of thumb is, if you are benefitting in some way from the post/promotion/event/mention, then it isn't allowed in this group. If you are offering a special or discount, or would like your business promoted to GSOFamilies outside of these parameters, please contact me for information on how to do so. Standard options are listed here: http://www.gsofamilies.com/p/media.html but I may be willing to work with you on other options, depending on the situation. My email is GSOFamilies@gmail.com
- These are discussion groups, not buy/sell groups (with the exception of the Buy/Sell/group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSOFamiliesSale.) It is not for announcing sales, vendor events, yard sales, etc. You may post a fundraiser for a registered nonprofit once. Fundraisers for other organizations or businesses, or personal profit, will be removed, including gofundme and such. Please utilize your own personal network for these purposes, as we are simply not equipped to assess need, and it is not the purpose or intent of our group to be a fundraising source. We have many subgroups with specialized topics. Our groups are NOT a place to sell or rehome pets. Please seek out local shelters or rescues to assist with those situations.
- Community is important. This is my catch-all, all-encompassing guideline. We're all local families. We will not all agree on everything. We're all adults. I hope we can grow, learn, and share together and build a great community of families. Anything that falls to the level of name-calling or derogatory posts will be moderated at my discretion. Hopefully it doesn't ever get to this point; however, I am big on being proactive and thought it was important to include this here :)
- Look out for each other! If you see something posted that doesn't seem right, feel free to bring it to my attention. I won't be able to see or read every post. You can always message me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/automatik2) or email me at GSOFamilies@gmail.com.
- I make the assumption that we are all adults and can read the rules, as they are posted in every group for review before joining and easily accessible at all times. Therefore, if a member chooses not to follow the rules, I reserve the right to remove posts and/or block members from posting to the group. I presume that as adults, no warnings are necessary - if you know the rules, you choose to not follow them, you understand the consequences. If you find that you were removed and/or blocked, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or Facebook, as I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt and a second chance.