My car is almost 2 years old. I bought it from Honda, and I've always had it serviced at Honda. I don't even know why it never occurred to me to "buy local" when it came to my car maintenance. This past week, however, I took my car to Honest-1 Auto Care on Spring Garden near Aycock for an oil change. It appealed to me because it claims to provide eco-friendly auto care.
What did I find when I arrived at Honest-1 on a Thursday morning?
- Incredibly friendly staff. The gentleman at the counter greeted me directly, discussed with me my options, and really just made me feel like a valued customer.
- Extremely comfortable waiting room. Leather couches, TV (and I was provided with the remote to change the channel), free coffee bar with K-cups, and a clean restroom.
- I didn't have my kids with me, but there is a separate play area for kids. My children would have LOVED this space. It is enclosed with a half wall and a baby gate, and adjacent to the lobby.
- Competitive pricing.
- They have a free shuttle service too. I did not utilize it, but it's a nice feature!
Let's be honest. I'm a woman. I have a car. I truthfully don't know much about cars, and wouldn't know how to service it myself. Walking into a car place, I am the stereotypical person that would be taken advantage of. I don't feel that way about Honest-1. They showed me the filters, explained the service options and pricing, and even told me that one of my filters didn't need to be replaced yet. That tells me that while they are obviously running a business, they are not out to do unnecessary work to make a few extra bucks.
The best part? The owner of Honest-1 happened to come into the shop that day, and we chatted for a bit. I mentioned GSOFamilies, and that I was working on a series about local businesses. I asked if I could mention Honest-1on the website. He not only agreed, but offered a discount for GSOFamilies. How great is that?!
You can download the info from this link - it is a scanned version of the printout, so I apologize for the poor quality!
Here is the text (note: there is also a $10 gift certificate on the actual document!):
As the owner of Honest-1 Auto Care next to UNCG in Greensboro, l am pleased to announce a new benefit for members of GSO Families. Starting immediately, a discount as outlined below is being made available to GSOFamilies members desiring high-quality, attentive automotive service, at sensible prices.
My wife, Jennifer and I opened Honest-1 Auto Care in June of 2012, as a top-notch alternative to the typical lower class automotive repair shops that you normally encounter and we are very eager to share this new venture with you. Here are ways in which we stand apart!
- We are the nation's only ESA-certified Eco-friendly auto care center.
- We use 100% recycled oil that is biodegradable and made in the USA.
Honesty and Integrity are values that we were raised to follow, and therefore are cornerstones for our new business. When you bring your vehicle in to Honest-1, you are not a number. You are truly a part of the family and will be treated as such with amenities including:
- We recycle everything possible including paper waste, used oil, used antífreeze, used car parts, engine oil filters, and transmission fluid. in addition to our motor oil being 100% recycled, we also use 100% recycled antifreeze. Even our facility is a recycled former shop!
- Complimentary Shuttle Service plus Free Roadside Assistance
- Large Tiled Lobby with Leather Seating Area, Cable TV, and a Clean Modern Restroom
- Internet Café with Coffee Bar
We are not a money-driven company. Our passion and drive come from enjoying what we do and in helping our customers the ideal solution to their automotive needs. As a part of this, in addition to the benefits outlined above, Honest-1 Auto Care in Greensboro is proud to Start Offering a 10% Discount on labor to all GSO Families members. As well, if you desire service for your vehicle but are unable to arrange a time to bring your vehicle in, give us a call and we will work with you to arrange pickup and drop off of your vehicle by our staff.
- Large Kids' Play Area
lt is a pleasure to be able to offer you this discount and we look forward to seeing you at Honest-1 Auto Carel
Erik R. Rhyne
Honest-1 Auto Care
1616 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27403