POSITION: Event Coordinator
- Purpose: The purpose of the Event Coordinator is to provide options and activities and events for local families to have the opportunity to meet each other.
- Duties: The event coordinator will plan and schedule at least one event per calendar month.
- Time Commitment: One event or activity per month, on an ongoing basis. If you choose to plan additional events, that's fine too!
- Description: Keep it simple! It can be a family event, an adult event, a moms-only or dads-only event, or really anything you're willing to plan and invite others to attend with you. Our community is unique because we encompass both online interaction and in-person activities. If there's something you like to do on your own with friends, with your significant other, or with your family, and you don't mind inviting others to accompany you, this is the volunteer position for you! What about a day trip to the zoo? A morning at the Science Center? A playdate at the park? Coffee with the girls? Date night with other couples? Girls night out? A trip to the movies? Skating? There's so many possibilities in this area! If you are interested in inviting others to join you at an event you'd be doing anyway, at least once per month, let me know! GSOFamilies@gmail.com (Note: Events will be shared across GSOFamilies and TriadFamilies sites)
POSITION: Online Discussion Facilitator
- Purpose: The purpose of the Online Discussion Facilitator is to encourage conversation and discussion in our online forums at www.TriadFamilies.com
- Duties: The online discussion facilitator will log into the forums and help encourage conversation and discussion by posting new topics, replying to others' posts, and generally helping keep the forum active.
- Time Commitment: A few minutes each day, several days a week, should be more than sufficient to ensure the forum conversation and discussions are thriving
- Description: If you have a few minutes each day and enjoy reading and posting in forums, this is the position for you! Simply take a few minutes to reply to posts on the forums, start new posts, and generally help the conversations flow. If you see something questionable or a thread starts to turn into a debate, please alert an admin. If you are interested in being part of the TriadFamilies team as an online discussion facilitator, let me know! GSOFamilies@gmail.com
POSITION: Pinterest Pinner
- Purpose: The purpose of the Pinterest Pinner is to pin relevant and applicable pins and information for the Greensboro and Triad area to the GSOFamilies pinterest board.
- Duties: The Pinterest Pinner is responsible for pinning new posts to the GSOFamilies Pinterest board at least once a week.
- Time Commitment: A few minutes each week
- Description: If you're a fan of using Pinterest, this volunteer position is for you! You'll be added to the GSOFamilies group board, and can pin information relevant to families in the Greensboro and Triad area. Email me with interest! GSOFamilies@gmail.com
- Purpose: The purpose of the Guest Blogger is to submit short reviews and personal experiences with attractions and events in the Triad area and elsewhere for inclusion on our website under the Travel or Local Outings headings.
- Duties: Guest Bloggers can submit as many or as few posts as they wish, at any time interval.
- Time Commitment: The amount of time to write one post (you can see examples on www.GSOFamilies.com just click on Travel or Local Outings)
- Description: If you enjoy sharing your experiences and opinions with others, this is the position for you. The time commitment is minimal - just visit a local park, attraction, event, etc. and write a short post about your family's experience. Or, if you take a day trip or a vacation, write about your adventures - including where you stayed and what you did. Families are ALWAYS looking for personal recommendations! Email me with interest - GSOFamilies@gmail.com
I will also be looking for assistance with events, marketing, and charitable drives at various times throughout the year. If you have ideas or a desire to work on a larger-scale project for the community, please contact me so we can chat and brainstorm!
Many many thanks!
Post a Comment